mark lawrie

High-tech scanner is a WA first

November 13th, 2013

The Murdoch University Veterinary Hospital (MUVH) has unveiled a high-tech diagnostic tool – the first of its kind in Western Australia.

+ Find out more

Vets warn of paralysis ticks

October 1st, 2013

Vets at the Murdoch Pet Emergency Centre (MPEC) are warning of potentially fatal toxicity in pets due to a sudden increase in paralysis tick cases.

+ Find out more

Common pesticide a poisonous threat to pets

July 9th, 2013

It might be good for the garden, but veterinarians have issued a grave warning about the dangers of a common household pesticide, which is killing cats and dogs.

+ Find out more

Pets in danger of snail bait poisoning

June 26th, 2012

The Murdoch University Pet Emergency Centre is warning pet owners to be cautious when using snail bait.

+ Find out more

Summer time can be deadly for hot dogs

January 27th, 2012

While chasing a ball at the park and taking trips to the beach might sound like fun, pet owners are being warned of the dangers of heatstroke this summer, particularly in dogs.

+ Find out more

Pet owners warned of the danger of snakebites

December 2nd, 2011

With the onset of summer, the Murdoch University Veterinary Hospital is warning pet owners to be on the look out for snakes and aware of the danger they impose to pets.

+ Find out more

Murdoch appoints new Vet Hospital Director

September 12th, 2011

Dr Mark Lawrie has been appointed Director of Murdoch University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital.

+ Find out more