Prospective students can find out about courses and career opportunities at Murdoch University’s Open Your Mind Day on Sunday August 7.
The event, which runs from 10am until 4pm, will help those attending map out their future at Murdoch. And they will be able to take part in a number of different activities including:
• Discovering more about a career in animation from someone who worked on the Toy Story films;
• Learning how to spot a fake smile;
• Going on a safari to wetlands on campus;
• Testing their fitness levels;
• Writing a play and then seeing it performed later in the day;
• Panning for gold;
• Watching a chemistry magic show;
• Racing hydrogen cars;
• Joining a Deal or No Deal game;
• Making oobleck goo, made famous by a Dr Seuss book.
The South Street campus will be chock-a-block with more than 100 activities that will give visitors an insight into university life as well as opportunities to speak to career advisors and lecturers about the range of study options and pathways available at Murdoch.
The free entertainment on campus includes a Cup and Saucer ride, an Under the Sea bouncy castle, a Simulator, a Red Bull Chill Out Zone, a Silent Disco and lots more – including a free concert with a great band line-up: